ActiveX Setup for MJPEG AirSight
I am having problems loading the ActiveX component for my AirSight camera. What should I do?
How to open the AirSight Camera in Internet Explorer (please see this article if you have the AirSight SD) :
- Disable any Window’s Firewalls and completely TURN OFF all antivirus software installed to your computer.
- Click on your Start menu> All Programs. There should be 2 Internet Explorers listed in All Programs: Internet Explorer 64 bit (sometimes labeled as No Add-ons in Vista) and Internet Explorer (this will be Internet Explorer 32-bit.) Right click on the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer and click "Run as Admin" which will automatically open a new Internet Explorer window.
- Ensure that “Active X Filtering” is UNCHECKED in this new window of Internet Explorer that you just opened. See figures below.
- Type in your camera’s IP address in the same location you would normally type in a web site and hit enter.
- Click on the Sign In link under ActiveX Mode (For IE Browser)
- You should see a yellow prompt at the top of your screen saying that this website wants to run an add-on. Please click that prompt and choose Run Add-On.
- If you cannot view the camera after doing that, hit F5 or Ctrl+R to refresh the webpage.
- If that still does not work, please verify that ActiveX is working correctly. Go to http://www.pcpitstop.com/testax.asp and accept the certificate to allow the ActiveX to load. If that loads successfully, try to login to the camera again in the same browser window.
- If you are still unable to log into your camera with Internet Explorer please call our technical support department at 1-800-675-3044, Monday – Friday 6:00AM – 3:00PM PST.
Note for Windows 7 64 bit users: If you've enabled all of the appropriate settings and are still unable to load Active X controls you may not have a 32 bit version of Internet Explorer available on your operating system. If you have a 64 bit version of Windows 7 you will need to have downloaded Microsoft's "Service Pack 1" or higher in order to use a 32 bit version of Internet Explorer.
- What do I do if ActiveX is blocked in I.E
- Airsight Active X Controls In IE 10
- Recording and Talk Options