Active X - IP
Internet Explorer won't allow me to install Active X controls for my AirSight IP cameras
Internet Explorer should prompt you to install Active X controls the first time you visit Your camera's Web User Interface (WUI). If it doesn't, follow these steps:
- Open the camera's WUI in Internet Explorer
- Click “Tools” in the menu bar
- Click “Internet Options”
- Click the “Security” tab
- Click “Trusted Sites” under the “Select a zone to view or change security settings”
- Move the "Security level for this zone slider" down to LOW, then click APPLY
- Click the “Sites” button
- Click the “Add” button
- Uncheck the box for “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone”
- Click the “Close” button, then the “OK” button
- Go back to "Internet Options" and click "Custom Level"
- Scroll down until you see "Download Unsigned ActiveX Controls" and under it select "Prompt"
- Click "OK". A warning message will appear, click "Yes"
- Click "OK" again
- Refresh the browser
You should now be prompted to install the ActiveX control from X10.