Alternate VA12A Driver Load Procedure
Windows does not seem to correctly detect my VA12A adapter. What should I do?
If you are receiving a VA12A not recognized or similar error after downloading and installing your video software and plugging in the device, please try the following procedures.
- Go to your Device Manager on your computer. This can usually be found by going to your Control Panel.
- For XP - Open up System Control Panel (in the Performance and Maintenance category).
- Go to the Hardware Tab and click on the Device Manager button.
- For Vista and Windows 7 the device manager can be found in System and Security, then System.
- Open up the sound, video, and game controller category in the device manager and look for the X10 VA12A Video Capture.
- Right click on this and select Update Driver Software.
- Next click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Next click:"Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer”
- Make sure the Show compatible hardware box is checked and then double-click the VA12A in the box. If more than one is there, click the one with the certificate next to it.
- Allow the program to load, and then restart your computer