Changing PTZ Camera Address
How do I set the House and Unit Codes for my Vanguard camera?
The PTZ camera remote has C1 through C4 buttons. These default to House and Unit Codes A1-A4.
To reset a camera:
- Set the mode switch on the bottom of a camera to Program.
- Press C2, C3 or C4 on your remote control to set this camera to C2, C3, or C4.
- Set the mode switch back to Transmit Enable.
To change the House Code for the CR15A remote:
- Press and release the X10 button (red indicator flashes).
- Press and hold Setup until the red indicator lights steadily. Release the Setup button.
- Use the number buttons to enter the number equivalent to the chosen Housecode (1=A, 2=B....16=P).
- Press the Setup button to confirm the Housecode. The red indicator blinks to indicate the code set, (twice for B, three times for C, etc.), then turns off.
To change the Unit Code for the CR15A remote:
- Press C1. The button will flash.
- Press and hold SETUP until C1 lights steady.
- Press: C2 to program the remote to Units 5-8; press C3 for Units 9-12; or press C4 for Units 13-16.
Once you change the House Code on the remote control, you have to change the House Code on the Vanguard Camera.
- Change the mode switch on the bottom of the camera to Program
- Press the C1 button on the Vanguard Remote Control. The camera is now set to the new house code.
- Put the mode switch back to Transmit Enable (or Transmit Disable if you are using the secure video connection).