Changing Sentinel Address
How do I change the House and Unit Code for my Sentinel camera?
You use the remote to program the Sentinel camera with a House and Unit code. By default, the C1-C4 buttons on the CR15A remote default to the X10 addresses of A1-A4.
Programming a House and Unit Code Into the Camera
- Pick the camera you wish to set a House and Unit code for. Follow the instructions at the beginning of the manual to set it up.
- Set the mode switch on the bottom of that camera to Program.
- Press one of the C1-C4 buttons on your remote control to set this camera's address.
- Set the mode switch back to Transmit Enable.
Repeat these steps for the rest of the cameras.
Changing the House Code for the Remote
The Camera and Remote come set to House Code A by default. To change the House Code on the remote follow steps 1 through 4 below:
- Press and release the X10 button (red indicator flashes).
- Press and hold Setup until the red indicator lights steadily. Release the Setup button.
- Use the number buttons to enter the number equivalent to the chosen Housecode (1=A, 2=B....16=P).
- Press the Setup button to confirm the Housecode. The red indicator blinks to indicate the code set, (twice for B, three times for C, etc.), then turns off.
Changing Unit Codes for Buttons C1, C2, C3, and C4
The Sentinel Remote comes set to control cameras set to units 1 through 4. If you want to set your Sentinel Cameras to different Unit Codes, follow these steps to reprogram the remote:
- Press C1. The button will flash.
- Press and hold SETUP until C1 lights steady.
- Press: C2 to program the remote to Units 5-8; press C3 for Units 9-12; or, press C4 for Units 13-16.