There is no code listed for my AV device. What can I do?
CODE SEARCH PROCEDURE
- Turn on the device you want to control.
- Press and hold SETUP until the LED indicator lights steadily. Release Setup button.
- Press the mode button that matches the equipment you want to control. The LED blinks once.
- Press CHANNEL + repeatedly until the device to be controlled changes channel. When searching for a code you might have to press CHANNEL+ many times (50+). If the device does not have a Channel Up function, use the PLAY button (VCR only) or the POWER button.
- If you accidentally go past the code, press CHANNEL - repeatedly until the channel changes again.
- Press and release the ENTER button to complete the setup.
The above assumes that you want to store VCR codes under the VCR key, Cable codes under CBL, etc. If you want to store a VCR code under SAT, etc., first follow the procedure on page 11 and try ANY SAT code from the code tables, e.g. press SAT in step 3, page 11, and then enter ANY VCR code. Then follow the steps above.
IDENTIFYING CODES FOUND USING THE SEARCH PROCEDURE
- Press and hold the SETUP until the LED indicator lights steadily. Release Setup button.
- Press the mode button that matches the equipment you want to identify. The LED blinks once.
- Press and release SETUP. The LED blinks once.
- To find the first digit, press each number button from 0 to 9 until the LED blinks. The number you pressed is the first digit of the code.
- Press each number button from 0 to 9 again as above to find the second digit.
- Press each number button in turn to find the third digit. When the third digit has been found, the LED goes out.
If the Code Search procedue fails, or if it only partially controls your remote, repeat it. If it still does not work completely, then the UR73A remote does not have a code for your device; you would want to get a learning remote control, like our 5-in-1 Universal Learning Remote.