DST in AHP
How is time kept on the computer interface? Will it lose time if it isn't connected to the PC?
How does ActiveHome Pro know when Daylight Saving Time is?
Since there are enough places in the US that do not use Daylight Saving Time, AHP copies the time, date, and Daylight Saving Time settings from your computer. ActiveHome Pro is designed to keep time when running by itself; this should work for version 3.236 and later but not for earlier versions. Go into Help-About to see what version of ActiveHome Pro you are running.
The latest version of ActiveHome Pro handles Daylight Savings Time correctly whether or not the CM15A interface is attached to the PC- we have tested this here. Here is a test procedure you can try:
- Make sure you are running the latest version of ActiveHome Pro: http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm
- Download this file and open it in ActiveHome Pro: ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/help/DST.ahx
- Turn a lamp on, unplug it from power, plug it into an Appliance Module, set the module to N1, and plug the module into wall power.
- Turn the Module on then off manually from the ActiveHome Pro screen to verify it is working.
- Set your PC time to 1:55 AM on March 13th, 2011.
- Run the Tools-Download Timers and Macros command.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the CM15A interface.
- Wait six or seven minutes. At "1:59 AM", the light should turn on. Two minutes later, at "3:01 AM", the light should turn off.