NEW Updating Firmware for HD Camera
How do I update the firmware on my AirSight H.264 P2P Camera?
To get the firmware files, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In that email, let us know your order number, which camera you want firmware for, what problem you are having, what other steps you have taken to resolve this issue, and why you think a firmware update will resolve your problem. Once we receive this email, we will send your firmware out as an attachment(s) to our reply to your email.
- Save the attachment(s) to your hard drive.
If more than one attachment was sent to you it is critical that you update the FIRMWARE FIRST then update the Web UI
You must keep the camera powered on during the whole update process!
X10 strongly recommends that you do the firmware update over a wired Ethernet connection.
X10 will not cover return shipping on warranty returns for cameras that are disabled by incorrectly updated firmware.
X10 is not responsible for legacy cameras that are disabled by incorrectly updated firmware.
- Before doing an upgrade via your IE browser, please make sure the SearchIPCam Tool can find the camera’s IP address.
- Next, log into the camera via an Internet Explorer web browser - If you are unsure how to do that click here.
- Access the settings by clicking on the gear icon at the top of the screen
- Go into the SYSTEM menu and choosing SYSTEM from the list
- Click the top Browse button, for UPGRADE DEVICE FIRMWARE then navigate to the location where you downloaded the Device Firmware file.
- Once the correct file has been selected click START to begin uploading the file to your camera.
- You’ll see a message that says UPLOADING THE NEW SOFTWARE, PLEASE WAIT to let you know it’s processing – DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR CAMERA'S POWER
- Wait a few moments and you will see "The device is rebooting. Pls keep device power on. Please wait... 45"
- Wait a few minutes for the camera to FULLY reboot and show back up in the SearchIPCam Tool - once it does, the upgrade is complete.
- Once the device firmware has been updated, and if you were sent a second attachment, go back into the SYSTEM|SYSTEM menu to update the Web UI.