NEW XX51A Getting Started on a MAC
Please follow these few simple steps to get started. This might be all you need. You can then look at your owner's manual later for more setup options.
NEW XX51A Indoor P2P Wired/Wireless IP Camera Quick Installation Guide (Using IE Browser)
You can access your camera's live video feed from your web browser on your computer by following these steps, OR from your tablet, or smartphone.
Step 1: Hardware Installation
You need to set up your camera using a network cable (wired) first before you attempt to use it wirelessly.
- Install the Wi-Fi antenna.
- Plug the power adapter into the camera and into an AC outlet.
- Plug one end of the network cable into the camera, and the other end into your router/switch.
Step 2: Software Installation
Install the IP Camera Search tool "IPCamera.exe" located here or found in the IP Tool.rar file on your camera's installation CD.
- Open the CD, click "IPTool.rar"
- Extract the entire contents of the IPTool folder to the same location - Such as a folder called IPTool in your My Documents folder.
- Open on the "Language" folder and delete all files EXCEPT "English.lan"
- If desired, create a shortcut for the "IPCamera.exe" to your Desktop
Step 3: Real-time Video Demonstration
- Click on the "IPCamera.exe" shortcut on your desktop to launch the IP Camera Tool.
- Double-Click your camera in the list to launch the camera's Web Interface in an Internet Explorer browser
- When prompted - log into your camera"
Default username: admin
Default Password: (leave this field blank)
- Choose the appropriate browser "Sign In" option - If Internet Explorer ensure to download and install the ActiveX plug-in first.
Note: If there is no picture shown in IE Browser
If using IE browser to connect to the camera for the first time, and there is no image displayed, there will be an ActiveX prompt, please click the prompt and choose Run Add-on, refresh the IE interface, and login to the camera again, then you will see live video.
If there is still no live video after you run ActiveX, please try to enable the ActiveX options of IE security settings, please do the follow steps:
- Close your computer’s Firewall.
- Change the ActiveX settings, “IE” browser > “Tool” > “Internet Options” > “Security”> “Custom Level” > “ActiveX control and Plug-ins”, all the ActiveX options should be set to be “Enable”: Especially:
- Enable: Download unsigned ActiveX controls
- Enable: Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe
- Enable: Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
In Addition: you can also click “start” select “Internet Explorer”, choose “Internet attributes “ to enter, or via “Control Panel” “Internet Explorer”, enter for Security settings. If there is still no image, please close your anti-virus software, and then try steps 1 & 2 again.
Step 4: How to use your camera Wirelessly
You should set up your camera using a network cable (wired) first before you attempt to use it wirelessly. (See Hardware Installation above).
- Make sure your router is a wireless router.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi antenna is installed on the camera.
- Determine if your router uses encryption, (see your router’s owner’s manual for how to do this), if it uses encryption, note the share key.
- Login to the camera using the IP Camera Tool, like you did when setting up with a network cable.
- When you see the screen below, click “Network” then ”Wireless Lan Settings” then click on “Scan”, wait and then click it again, when you see your camera in the Wireless LAN settings box, click on it.
- If there is no encryption, just click “Submit”, if there is encryption, input the share key, then click “Submit”.
- Unplug the network cable and wait about 30 seconds while the camera reboots.