NEW XX59A Getting Started
Please follow these few simple steps to get started. This might be all you need. You can then look at your owner's manual later for more setup options.
NEW XX59A Airsight Indoor HD P2P WiFi IP Network Camera Quick Installation Guide (Using IE Browser)
You can access your camera's live video feed from your web browser on your computer by following these steps, OR from your tablet, or smartphone.
Step 1: Hardware Installation
You need to set up your camera using a network cable (wired) first before you attempt to use it wirelessly.
- Install the Wi-Fi antenna.
- Plug the power adapter into the camera and into an AC outlet.
- Plug one end of the network cable into the camera, and the other end into your router/switch.
Step 2: Software Installation
Run the SearchIPCam tool found here: SearchIPCam.exe or found on your camera's installation CD.
Double click on your camera's IP address to log into your camera via an Internet Explorer browser
If the web interface opens in a different browser, like Firefox or Chrome, simply COPY / PASTE the link in the address bar into an Internet Explorer browser.
Step 3: Real-time Video Demonstration
Click on the LOAD OCX button to download the required ActiveX plug-in for Internet Explorer
Once you've installed the plug-in, refresh the browser and enter your Username and Password:
Password: admin (if that doesn't work try leaving this field blank)
Note: If there is no picture shown in IE Browser
- Close your computer’s Firewall.
- Change the ActiveX settings, “IE” browser > “Tool” > “Internet Options” > “Security”> “Custom Level” > “ActiveX control and Plug-ins”, all the ActiveX options should be set to be “Enable”: Especially:
- Enable: Download unsigned ActiveX controls
- Enable: Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe
- Enable: Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
In Addition: you can also click “start” select “Internet Explorer”, choose “Internet attributes “ to enter, or via “Control Panel” “Internet Explorer”, enter for Security settings. If there is still no image, please close your anti-virus software, and then try steps 1 & 2 again.
Step 4: How to use your camera Wirelessly
You should set up your camera using a network cable (wired) first before you attempt to use it wirelessly. (See Hardware Installation above).
- Make sure your router is a wireless router.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi antenna is installed on the camera.
- Determine if your router uses encryption, (see your router’s owner’s manual for how to do this), if it uses encryption, note the share key.
- Login to the camera using the IP Camera Tool, like you did when setting up with a network cable.
- When you see the screen below, click “Network” then ”Wireless Lan Settings” then click on “Scan”, wait and then click it again, when you see your camera in the Wireless LAN settings box, click on it.
- If there is no encryption, just click “Submit”, if there is encryption, input the share key, then click “Submit”.
- Unplug the network cable and wait about 30 seconds while the camera reboots.