Power Horn Not Working
Why is my PowerHorn silent?
If you have plugged in your siren and are finding that it is not alarming while your console is sounding its alarm try:
- Plugging the siren into a different outlet. For testing purposes plug it into the same outlet as the security system console.
The siren may not have heard the console send several repeated ON/OFF signals.
- If you have an X10 automation remote, like the HR12A, you can manually do this by pressing the ON/OFF buttons repeatedly until the siren sounds its alarm.
- If your siren is set to A2, you would press the A2 ON/OFF buttons on your remote repeatedly until the siren starts up.
- You then need to keep pressing the ON/OFF buttons for it to continue making noise.
If you are using the SC1200 console:
- The siren needs to be at the same House Code as the console, and one Unit Code higher.
- The console defaults to A1, so try A2 first.