Programming Your Socket Rocket
How do I program my Socket Rocket using a remote control?
To program the Socket Rocket (LM15A):
- Plug your transceiver or console (the module with the antenna) into the outlet nearest the LM15A.
- Plug your lamp into an outlet (no extension cords, surge protectors, or power strips).
- Turn the lamp on.
- Unplug the lamp, leaving the switch in the On position.
- Unscrew the bulb and screw in the Socket Rocket, and then the bulb.
- Using your remote, make the transceiver's relay click on and off to confirm you have good communication by remote.
- Plug in the lamp's power cord. You now have thirty seconds to program the Socket Rocket.
- With your remote, send the On command for the code you want to assign to the Socket Rocket (i.e. A4). Send the On command every half-second until the Socket Rocket turns on. In reality, you only need to send three On commands, but send more than three, just in case a signal is not received.
- When the light turns on, wait until the thirty seconds have passed. The Socket Rocket is now programmed with the code you want. Move the SocketRocket to a different socket, if desired; it will retain its code.
- If the Socket Rocket does not program, relocate the transceiver and the lamp to a surge protector. This will create a small closed circuit. Also, verify that the bulb used is 60 Watts or higher. Go back to step 6.
Note: If the Socket Rocket loses power and then regains it, the thirty second programming window opens. If you do not want to change the code, do not send any On commands during this time and the previous code will remain.