Setting Up A Slimline Switch
How do I set up my Slimline Switch?
To turn on or off X10 Modules set to Unit Codes 1, 2, or 3 (on Housecode A) press the left or right side of the first, second or third rocker key. To brighten or dim Lamp Modules or Wall Switch Modules press the number button first, then press and hold the left or right side of the bottom rocker key. Attach the SS13A to a wall using double sided tape or Velcro.™ If you want to control Modules 1, 2 and 3 on Housecode A, that's it. You don't need to read any further.
To change the Housecode
- Press and hold the first (top) ON rocker key. The red LED blinks once. 3 seconds later, the LED blinks the current setting: 1 blink for Housecode A, 2 blinks for B..... 16 blinks for P.
- Release the first (top) ON rocker key.
- Press and release the first (top) ON rocker key the appropriate number of times for the House Code you want to set. Once for A, twice for B, etc. The LED blinks for each press.
IMPORTANT: Hold the button on your last press. 3 seconds later, the red LED blinks back the new setting, e.g. 3 blinks for Housecode C. If you do not follow this programming sequence, the LED will stay on for 1 second and your existing setting will not be changed.
To change the Unit Code for the first (top) rocker key
The second and third rockers are always one and two numbers higher than the first. For example, if you set the first rocker key to 6, the second rocker key controls 7, and the third control now controls 8.
- Press and hold the top OFF rocker key . The red LED blinks once. 3 seconds later, the LED blinks the current setting: 1 blink for Unit Code 1, 2 blinks for 2, 16 blinks for 16.
- Release the top OFF rocker key.
- Press and release the top OFF rocker key the appropriate number of times for the Unit Code you want. IMPORTANT: Hold the key on your last press. 3 seconds later the new code blinks back. If you do not follow this programming sequence, the LED will stay on for 1 second and your existing setting will not be changed.
When you change the codes of the Slimline Switch you need to make sure you go through the steps with haste. When you press and hold a button to change the code the light will flash, go out for a few seconds, and then blink its current state. Two seconds later, it blinks again; this second blink tells you that the Slimline Switch has exited programming mode. When you see the first blink you need to release the button and start programming before the second blink. If you see the second blink it is too late. Make sure you are holding down the last press for the change you want to make. You also need to make sure you have a transceiver module plugged in and set to the same house code.