Setting Up Door/Window Sensors
Questions Setting Up Door/Window Sensors Answer Installing the Door/Window Sensor
- Attach the Door/Window sensor to the wall using the mounting screws provided.
- Fit the Door/Window sensor as high as possible at the top of the door/window.
- Make sure the arrows on the magnetic switch halves are facing each other and that
they separate cleanly when the door or window is opened.
- Set the DELAY slider switch to MIN to always trigger the alarm instantly, or to MAX to trigger
the alarm after a preset entry delay when the system is armed in DELAY mode (see the alarm manual for Delay Mode instructions). Registering the Door/Window Sensor with the Security Console
- Fit two AA Alkaline batteries in the battery compartment.
- Press and hold the TEST button for about a second. The LED indicator light flashes twice when you
release it. This confirms it has generated a new security code.
- Set the slider switch on the console to INSTALL.
- Press the TEST button on the Door/Window sensor or open the Door/Window that it is
attached to. The console chimes once to confirm and the next available zone LED lights.
- Return the slider switch on the console to the RUN1 or RUN2 position.
Testing the Door/Window sensor
- Set the slider switch on the security console to RUN2.
- Open the door or window with the sensor attached. The console chimes to acknowledge the sensor is tripped
and the zone LED lights. Note: As with all radio frequency transmitter devices, electrical fields, metal doors or door/window frames, and appliances can cause interference that decreases the strength of a transmitted signal. Re-orienting the sensor or putting the console in a higher location may increase your ability to send and receive the necessary signals. Related Articles [a href="/kbase/articles/a00221.html"]a00221[/a] : Extending the Range of Security System Sensors and Remotes[BR] Key Topics: security,remote,sensor,range,control,extendsion,extend,repeater,rf,radio,frequency Relates to: DS700,DC8700,PA5800,PA9200 [a href="/kbase/articles/a00220.html"]a00220[/a] : Identifying and Fixing Low Battery Warnings[BR] Key Topics: security,console,beep,zone,light,flash,battery,low Relates to: DS7000,PS561 [a href="/kbase/articles/a00223.html"]a00223[/a] : Troubleshooting Zone Lights Indicators[BR] Key Topics: zone,sensor,battery,led,light,beep,flash,problem Relates to: DS700,DC8700 [img src="http://site.x10.com/?Z3gxT2tiYXNlYXJ0aWNsZTEuZGF0=RND%7Ckbasearticle"]