Setting Up Motion Sensors
This guide should help you in quickly setting up X10 Motion Sensors.
Installing the Motion Detector
- Attach the Motion Detector to a wall at a height of 5 to 6 feet using the mounting bracket and screws provided. Note: The Motion Detector has a special lens that 'looks' downward. It must therefore be mounted to face outward horizontally, i.e. do not 'aim' the sensor downward.
- Set the slider switch to position 1 for instant triggering for maximum sensitivity or position 2 to trigger only after two movements have been sensed.
Registering the Motion Detector with a Security Console
- Fit four AA Alkaline batteries in the battery compartment.
- Press the CODE button using a pencil or other pointed object to generate a new security code.
- Set the slider switch on the console to INSTALL.
- Press the TEST button on the Motion Detector. The console chimes once to confirm it has received the signal, and the next available zone LED lights.
Note: If the Motion Detector senses movement before you press the TEST button it may register itself automatically; make sure only one zone light comes on while installing the Motion Detector, so no 'false zones' are created. After each time it is triggered, the Motion Detector times out for 1 minute to save battery life.
Testing the Motion Detector
- Set the slider switch on the Motion Detector to position 1.
- Press and hold the TEST button for about a second. The LED flashes twice when you release it.
- Wait 20 seconds for the sensor to settle.
- Walk in front of the Motion Detector. The indicator LED lights each time it senses movement. Check the coverage area and re-position the sensor as required.
- Press the TEST button to return to normal operating mode.
Note: The Motion Detector will automatically return to normal operating mode after about 2 minutes. As with all RF transmitter devices, electrical fields, metal doors/wall studs and appliances can cause interference thatdecreases the strength of the transmitted signal. Re-orienting the sensor/detector or security console and antenna may increase your ability to send and receive the necessary signals. The receiver should be mounted as high as possible for best reception.
- Key Topics: security,remote,sensor,range,control,extendsion,extend,repeater,rf,radio,frequency
- Relates to: DS700,DC8700,PA5800,PA9200
- Key Topics: security,console,beep,zone,light,flash,battery,low
- Relates to: DS7000,PS561
- Key Topics: zone,sensor,battery,led,light,beep,flash,problem
- Relates to: DS700,DC8700