Setting Up the Keychain Remote
This guide should help you in quickly setting up the X10 Keychain Remote.
Registering the Keychain Remote with the Security Console
- Fit two AAA Alkaline batteries in the battery compartment in the back of the Keychain Remote.
- Press and hold the ARM button for about a second. The LED indicator flashes twice when you release it. This confirms the Keychain Remote has generated a new security code.
- Set the slider switch on the Security Console to INSTALL.
- Press ARM. The console chimes once to confirm that the Keychain Remote has been registered.
- Return the console slider switch to the RUN1 or RUN2 position.
Testing the Keychain Remote
- Set the slider switch on the Security Console to RUN1 or RUN2.
- Press ARM on the Keychain Remote. The console chimes once to confirm the system is armed, and the ARM indicator lights. Note: The Keychain Remote always arms the system instantly--there is no exit or entry delay.
- Press LIGHTS ON and LIGHTS OFF to turn on and off a light connected to a lamp module--set to the same house and unit code as the PS561 Voice Dialer console, or set to A13 (or other code downloaded by the installing security firm) if using the console from the Monitored Security System.
- Press ARM and DISARM together to trip the panic alarm. Press DISARM to stop the alarm.
Note: As with all radio frequency transmitter devices, electrical fields, metal doors, and appliances can cause interference that decreases the strength of an X10 signal. Re-orienting the remote or security console may increase your ability to send and receive the necessary signals.