How can I enable Starlight Mode?
First, open the advanced onscreen menus by following these three steps:
- Press C1, C2, C3, or C4 to select the camera you want to control.
- Press and hold Setup until the camera button light stays on. Press and hold setup again until the camera button stays on again.
- Press the Right arrow button to bring up the onscreen menu.
When it’s open, the onscreen menu is displayed over the picture from the camera.
- Use the Up and Down arrow buttons to select items from the main menu.
- Use the Right arrow button to select a menu item and move into its submenu.
- Use the Up or Down arrow buttons to select a submenu item.
- Use the Right arrow button to select a submenu item.
- Use the Right arrow button to save the new setting.
To exit the onscreen menus, press the Left arrow button repeatedly until the menu disappears. Then press Setup to exit the menu mode.
SENS: Changing the sensitivity changes how the camera compensates for low light. The higher the setting (square cursor to the right), the more light the camera lets in when in the dark, and the better the picture that results. Starlight Mode trades off exposure time to get more light; when Starlight Mode is turned up all the way there will be a fair bit of motion blur.
- After following steps 1-3 to bring up the main menu, use the down arrow to select AGC•SENS.
- Select AGC•SENS with the Right arrow button.
- Use the Down arrow button to select SENS.
- Select it with the Right arrow button.
- Use the Up arrow button to move square cursor to the right (most sensitive to light) or the Down arrow button to move the cursor to the left. The new setting will take several seconds to stabilize.
- Save the new setting with the Right arrow button.
- Press the Left arrow button to repeatedly to back out of the menus.
- Press and hold the Left arrow button until the menu disappears. Then press C1, C2, C3, or C4 as appropriate.
To discard all changes made in the onscreen menus and restore the default settings to the camera, select the PRESET submenu, and change the PRESET option to ON. If you leave the onscreen menu open for a while without pressing any buttons on the remote, you will stop being able to control the menu. Follow steps 1-3 above to enter the menu mode again. You can then close the menu by pressing the Left arrow button, or continue working with menu options.