Using The Video Calling System with Windows Live Messenger (MSN)
To install the latest version of MSN Live Messenger, please click on the link below and follow the setup instructions.
After you have installed your MSN Live Messenger, let's go preview your camera with it.
- To preview your camera, you will need to go to "Tools" and then "Audio/Video Setup"
- Next, you'll need to click "Next" after ensuring you have followed the instructions when prompted.
- The next screen will let you preview the expected sound if you are using headphones or speakers by
selecting the head phones box (or not) and clicking on "Play"
- In Step 2, you can preview the audio with the microphone you have selected.
- In Step 3, you will see a preview of your camera in one window, as well the camera image displayed within the MSN window.
- Please ensure that you have selected "X10 Webcam" from the "Select the Webcam you would like to use" dropdown menu.
- Again, it is fairly easy to distinguish between the 2 preview panes - the X10 window will display virtual pan and tilt control arrows while the
MSN window will not.
- Click on the "Finish" button when you are done.