VA11A Driver Load Procedure for 98SE and ME
I am having trouble getting my video adapter to work under Windows 98 or ME. Is there a procedure to manually load the driver?
If the camera and receiver are connected and working, check that the VA11A USB Video Capture Adapter is connected and installed properly:
- Make sure the VA11A is connected to your computer.
- Run the installer for your X10 program (or the X10 driver installer--x10drivers.exe) while the VA11A is connected, and follow all instructions.
- When installation has completed, restart Windows.
Running the X10 installer with the VA11A USB Video Capture Adapter connected to a USB port on your computer should force Windows to use the X10 driver. Plug the USB Video Adapter into a USB port located directly on the back of your computer, not a hub or extension cable. When you finish these steps, "X10 VA11A Video Capture" should be listed in Device Manager under "Imaging Devices."
- Go into Device Manager. In Windows 98 and ME, you can right-click on "My Computer", and select Properties. Click on the Device Manager tab.
- Locate the unknown device under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. If you do not see an Unknown Device under USB Controllers, move the VA11A to a different USB port. If an Unknown Device still does not come up, your VA11A may have an issue.