VA11A Driver Load Procedure for 98SE and ME
I am having trouble getting my video adapter to work under Windows 98 or ME. Is there a procedure to manually load the driver?
If the camera and receiver are connected and working, check that the VA11A USB Video Capture Adapter is connected and installed properly:
- Make sure the VA11A is connected to your computer.
- Run the installer for your X10 program (or the X10 driver installer--x10drivers.exe) while the VA11A is connected, and follow all instructions.
- When installation has completed, restart Windows.
Running the X10 installer with the VA11A USB Video Capture Adapter connected to a USB port on your computer should force Windows to use the X10 driver. When you finish these steps, "X10 VA11A Video Capture" should be listed in Device Manager under "Imaging Devices."
- Go into Device Manager. In Windows 98 and ME, you can right-click on "My Computer", and select Properties. Click on the Device Manager tab.
- Locate the unknown device under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. If you do not see an Unknown Device under USB Controllers, move the VA11A to a different USB port. If an Unknown Device still does not come up, call 800-442-5138; your VA11A may have an issue.
- Double-click on it, and select the "Driver" tab. Select the "Update Driver" button.
- Now, "Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location so you can select the driver you want". Press the "Next" button.
- Find the "Show all hardware" selection at the bottom of the screen. This brings up the Update Device Driver Wizard. Choose X10 as the manufacturer and X10 VA11A Video Capture. Press the "Next" button.
- Press "Next" to get past this screen and install the driver from that location.
- At this point, your computer should be copying files for the driver. If the software asks for certain files, you need to choose the correct location of each of these particular files on your system. You may need to insert your Windows CD.
- The driver is being updated; when this is complete you see a Finish screen.
Key Topics: driver, display, capture, adapter, digital, video, converter, device, intel, pc, camera, pro, xp, signed, windows, 98, me, imaging, usb
Relates to: VA11A, SW18A, SW19A, SW20A, SW21A, SW22A, SW26A, SW31A, SW30A, SW32A, SW33A