VCR Commander Quick Setup
VCR Commander & VCR Commander II Setup
Follow the instructions below to setup your VCR Commander.
Programming Remote to VCR Commander
- Unplug the Infrared cable from the VCR Commander, and grab your remote and motion sensor.
- Press and hold the "Power" button on the VCR Commander until the red light is solid (it flashes 13 times). This clears the unit of any previously learned codes.
- Press and hold the "Record" button on the VCR Commander until the light is solid; then release. This puts the Commander into learning mode.
- Press and release "Record" on the VCR Commander (it begins flashing 8 times; then the light is solid).
- Press "Record" on your VCR remote (holding it no further than 1/4" away from eye on back of commander).
- When it learns the Record function, the light on the Commander will flash off and come back on solid.
- Press and release "Stop" on the VCR Commander (it flashes 8 times; then remains solid).
- Press "Stop" on the VCR remote (holding it no further than 1/4" away from the eye on back of the VCR Commander).
When it learns the Stop function, the light on the Commander will flash off once and come back on solid. Wait until this light goes out before doing anything else (should take 10 seconds). IF THE VCR COMMANDER FLICKERS (Makes This Sound) AND GOES OUT DURING PROGRAMMING, BEGIN AGAIN AT #2
To clear the VCR Commander of Motion Sensor radio frequency codes and start from scratch
- Press and hold "Play" on the VCR Commander until the red light is solid.
- Press and release "Play" (the light goes out).
Learn the radio frequency Motion Sensor code(s)
- Press and hold "Play" on the VCR Commander until its light is solid.
- Press House/On or wave your hand in front of motion sensor.
Plug in the Infrared emitter cable, and position 1 of the 3 emitters 1 inch to the left or right of the VCR Infrared Input. Only use one of them.
Press and release "Stop" on the VCR Commander. If the light on the Commander is out, it is in Home mode. To switch modes, press and hold the "Stop" button on the Commander; when it becomes solid, release. It should now be in Away mode and ready. The Commander should flash every 1-1.5 seconds. When motion is detected, if the VCR is not triggered to record, re-position the emitter, and press and release "Stop" on the Commander again.
Key Topics: ir, learn, command, commander, play, stop, record, remote, infrared, instrucciones, instrucciones, energia, de registro, expediente, parada, telecontrol, control
Relates to: UX21A, UX23A