VCR Commander Quick Setup
How do I Setup VCR Commander or VCR Commander II?
Follow the instructions below to setup your VCR Commander.
Programming TV Remote to VCR Commander
- Unplug the Infrared cable from the VCR Commander, and grab your remote and motion sensor.
- Press and hold the "Power" button on the VCR Commander. You will hear a short, sharp beep followed by a slightly longer beep. At this longer beep, release the Power button. The Commander will begin beeping and flashing. Wait until this beeping stops. This clears the unit of any previously learned codes.
- Press and hold the "Record" button on the VCR Commander until the light is solid; then release. This puts the Commander into learning mode.
- Press and release "Record" on the VCR Commander (it will begin beeping).
- When the beeping stops, repeatedly press "Record" on your VCR remote (holding it no further than 1/4" away from eye on back of commander).
- When it learns the Record function, the Commander will give a single long beep and the light will come on solid.
- Press and release "Stop" on the VCR Commander (it begins beeping).
- When the beeping stops, repeatedly press "Stop" on the VCR remote (holding it no further than 1/4" away from the eye on back of the VCR Commander).
When it learns the Stop function, the Commander will give a single long beep and the light will come on solid. Wait until this light goes out before doing anything else (should take 10-15 seconds). IF THE VCR COMMANDER FLICKERS (Makes This Sound) AND GOES OUT DURING PROGRAMMING, BEGIN AGAIN AT #2
To clear the VCR Commander and start over
- Press and hold "Power" on the VCR Commander. You will hear a short, sharp beep followed by a longer beep. When you hear the longer beep, release "Power". When the long string of beeps stops, the Commander is cleared of all remote control codes.
To clear the VCR Commander of previously learned Motion Sensor codes
- Press and hold "Play" on the VCR Commander until the red light is solid
- Press and release "Play" on the Commander, the light will go out.
- The Commander is now clear of all motion sensor codes
Programming Motion Sensor(s) to VCR Commander
- Press and hold "Play" on the VCR Commander until its light is solid.
- Press House/On or wave your hand in front of motion sensor.
Plug in the Infrared emitter cable, and position 1 of the 3 emitters 1 inch to the left or right of the VCR Infrared Input. Only use one of them.
Press and release "Stop" on the VCR Commander. If the light on the Commander is out, it is in Home mode. To switch modes, press and hold the "Stop" button on the Commander; when it becomes solid, release. It should now be in Away mode and ready. The Commander should flash every 1-1.5 seconds. When motion is detected, if the VCR is not triggered to record, re-position the emitter, and press and release "Stop" on the Commander again.
Key Topics: ir, learn, command, commander, play, stop, record, remote, infrared, instrucciones, instrucciones, energia, de registro, expediente, parada, telecontrol, control
Relates to: UX21A, UX23A