VCR Commander Quick Setup
How do I Setup VCR Commander or VCR Commander II?
Please read through all the instructions below, then go through them in order to setup your VCR Commander. This is a time sensitive procedure, so it can take a few tries to get it all right in one go.
Programming TV Remote to VCR Commander
- Unplug the Infrared cable from the VCR Commander, and grab your remote and motion sensor.
- Plug the VCR Commander into a power outlet and install 4 alkaline C batteries. When you plug the VCR Commander into power, the red LED on it may or may not be flashing. This is does not affect the programming steps.
- Press and hold the "Power" button on the VCR Commander for about six seconds. You will hear a short, sharp beep (or beeps) followed by a slightly longer beep. At this longer beep, release the Power button. The Commander will begin beeping and flashing. Wait until this beeping stops. This clears the unit of any previously learned codes.
- Press and hold the "Record" button on the VCR Commander until the light is solid; then release. This puts the Commander into learning mode.
- Press and release "Record" on the VCR Commander (it will beep four times).
- When the beeping stops, press "Record" on your VCR remote over and over again (holding it no further than 1/4" away from eye on back of the Commander).
- When it learns the Record function, the Commander will give a single long beep and the light will come on solid.
- Press and release "Stop" on the VCR Commander (it will beep four times).
- When the beeping stops, repeatedly press "Stop" on the VCR remote (holding it no further than 1/4" away from the eye on back of the VCR Commander).
When it learns the Stop function, the Commander will give a single long beep and the light will come on solid. Wait until this light goes out before doing anything else (should take 10-15 seconds). IF THE VCR COMMANDER FLICKERS (Makes This Sound) AND GOES OUT DURING PROGRAMMING, BEGIN AGAIN AT #3
To clear the VCR Commander and start over
- Press and hold "Power" on the VCR Commander. You will hear a short, sharp beep followed by a longer beep. When you hear the longer beep, release "Power". When the long string of beeps stops, the Commander is cleared of all remote control codes.
To clear the VCR Commander of previously learned Motion Sensor codes
- Press and hold "Play" on the VCR Commander until the red light is solid
- Press and release "Play" on the Commander, the light will go out.
- The Commander is now clear of all motion sensor codes
Programming Motion Sensor(s) to VCR Commander
- Press and hold "Play" on the VCR Commander until its light is solid.
- Press House/On or wave your hand in front of motion sensor.
Plug in the Infrared emitter cable, and position 1 of the 3 emitters 1 inch to the left or right of the VCR Infrared Input. Only use one of them.
Press and release "Stop" on the VCR Commander. If the light on the Commander is out, it is in Home mode. While in Home mode, the commander will beep when motion is detected. This is a good way to confirm that the VCR Commander is receiving the signals from the motion Sensor(s). To switch modes, press and hold the "Stop" button on the Commander; when it becomes solid, release. It should now be in Away mode and ready. The Commander should flash every 1-1.5 seconds. When motion is detected, if the VCR is not triggered to record, re-position the emitter, and press and release "Stop" on the Commander again. This may need to be done several times in order to find the correct location of the Infrared Input.
Key Topics: ir, learn, command, commander, play, stop, record, remote, infrared, instrucciones, instrucciones, energia, de registro, expediente, parada, telecontrol, control
Relates to: UX21A, UX23A