Difference between revisions of "What do I do if ActiveX is blocked in I.E"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 17:04, 8 March 2013
When I try to log into my camera using Internet Explorer I can not see any video from my camera. How do I configure my internet options to enable Active X?
If IE is configured to not let you install unverified software it might block ActiveX when you try to view your IP camera via IE.
See http://www.windowsreference.com/internet-explorer/windows-has-blocked-this-software-because-it-cant-verify-the-publisher/ for more information on the problem, however the short steps to try are:
- Open Internet Explorer, click Tools – Internet Options .
- Click the Security tab – Custom Level button.
- Under ActiveX ensure the following are set to enabled
- Run ActiveX and plug-ins – Enabled
- Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting – Enabled
- Set the following to “Prompt ”
- Download unsigned ActiveX Control – Prompt
- Download Signed ActiveX Control – Prompt
- Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe – Prompt
- Click OK and Apply and OK. Restart the browser.