XCam2 and iWatchMobile Pro Setup
How do I set up my XCam2 cameras and iWatch Mobile Pro?
Check for Parts
Make sure you have all these items:
If you have more than one camera, you should also have a TM751 transceiver module:
First, download and install ActiveHome Pro using the link you received by e-mail. (If you didn't get an e-mail with the link in it, please go to .) Also, download iWatchOut and iWatchMobile Pro.
Click on each software link in the email you received titled "New Software Download Link." Before you download the software, choose the option to save the file, and save it onto your desktop so you can more easily access it later.
Disable or turn off your anti-virus software before you install the software as some anti-virus programs interfere with the installation. Remember to turn on your anti-virus program when you finish these steps.
Go to your desktop and double click the ActiveHome Pro installation program you just downloaded. Plug in the CM19A when prompted to do so.
Next, run the iWatchOut installer. The software installation process will install the driver for your VA12A.
Once this is done you are ready to install the USB Video Adapter (model VA12A). Do not connect the USB Video Adapter before installing iWatchOut.
When the installation program instructs you to, plug the USB Video Adapter into a USB port located directly on the back of your computer:
The computer will recognize that new hardware has been installed and complete the installation. After the installation finishes, run the iWatchMobile Pro installer.
First Camera Installation
1) Plug the receiver into wall power. Make sure the receiver is turned on; the power switch is next to the antenna hinge.
/data/websites/kbase.x10.com/includes/limit.sh: line 81: ulimit: virtual memory: cannot modify limit: Permission denied
/data/websites/kbase.x10.com/includes/limit.sh: line 87: ulimit: file size: cannot modify limit: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /usr/bin/convert: No such file or directory
Error code: 127
2) Connect the video receiver to the USB Video Adapter. Adjust the paddle-shaped so that it it faces in the general direction of all the cameras -- sometimes it may be best to point the antenna towards the ceiling.
3) Set up a camera.
Plug the power supply into a free AC outlet. Connect the camera to the power supply. The camera should come on and you should be able to get the picture on your PC. Adjust the antenna so that it points better at the antenna of the receiver.
Here is a full one-camera setup:
If you only have one camera, skip to Software Configuration below.
Multiple Camera Installation
4) Choose a House Code - a letter between A and P. Set the House Code on the wireless transceiver module (model TM751), plug it into an AC outlet and extend the antenna.
5) Set the House Code on your remote control (model CR12A, or CR14A) to the selected House Code and insert 4 AAA batteries. If the cameras are going to be units other than 1-4, follow the instructions that came in the remote’s box to change the scan controls.
6) Unplug the camera you have plugged in and set it to the House and Unit code you have selected. You want all the cameras, remotes, and the TM751 on the same House Code; the cameras should be at sequential Unit Codes (usually 1,2,3, etc.) Using your remote, try to switch to a camera that is NOT plugged in (for example, hit 2 ON or C2 if you have just installed a camera at Unit Code 1.) You should see the camera picture go away, indicating that the camera has received the signal from the TM751 transceiver.
7) Repeat step 6 with the other cameras you have.
Run the ActiveHome Pro software. If you get an error message about the VA12A video adapter, please see this article. Register your software and plugins.
Locate the Group Pane (which says Rooms at the top) on the left side of the screen. If you do not see it, hit Ctrl+G to bring it up. Locate the Modules category. If you do not see a list of module types under that category, click the down-pointing-arrows-in-a-circle icon immediately to the right of the word Modules. The last subcategory that appears should be Cameras. Click on it. You should see the main window on the right side of the screen divide itself in half. The bottom half will have a list of cameras. Select your camera, drag it to the top half of the main window, and release it. If your camera is mounted on a Ninja Pan and Tilt Base, drag and drop that in the top half of the main window instead. If you have an XCam Pro, label it as an XX16A. Make sure the House and Unit Code are correct, then click the Go Live/On Air button on your newly installed camera; you should see a video window now.
If you have more than one camera, add an entry for each of your cameras, double-check each camera's House and Unit Code, then click OK.
Remote Connection Setup
- Click on the Plug-ins pulldown menu, select iWatchMobile PRO and select Invite a Cell Phone
- Type in your Email address that is synced up with your phone and click Send
- Open up the Email on your phone, click on the link and bookmark it so you can see it on your Home Screen