Protector Plus Does Not Dial Correctly
When I trip the alarm, my Protector Plus sounds the alarm but does not seem to dial the numbers. What can I check?
First, double-check that numbers have been stored correctly. This procedure is for the older PS561 console, not the more recent SC1200:
- Set the console to INSTALL.
- Press the PROG button.
- Enter the first phone number that you want the console to call in the event of a problem.
- Press the MEM button.
- Press 1 to store the phone number in memory location 1.
- Press PROG, enter second phone number, press MEM, 2.
- Press PROG, enter third phone number, press MEM, 3.
- Press PROG, enter fourth phone number, press MEM, 4.
Note: if you only want to program one phone number, you should store this same number in all four memory locations.
After this, trigger the alarm, then pick up an extension phone 3-5 seconds later. You should hear the console dialing. If you do not, try plugging the console into another phone jack.
- Make sure there is a good dialtone; if you have voicemail that interrupts the dialtone briefly when you pick up the phone ("stuttering" the dialtone) this can cause problems.
- Trigger the dialer then pick up an extension phone five seconds later. You should hear the console dialing out. Wait one full minute- some cellphones take a while to pick up. You may hear the message start playing; do not fret, it will repeat.
If you still do not hear it dialing then your console may have an issue.