UR74A Learning Procedure
The Code Search feature did not control my device. What can I try?
Your UR74A Learning Remote has the codes for most TVs, VCRs, etc. in its code library. However, if the code for your particular device is not found in the library, you can learn these codes from your existing remote. Or if you find a code from the tables in this manual that “almost” matches your device, but a few buttons are missing, you can learn just those buttons.
- Point your existing remote at the UR74A Remote with a distance of about 1 inch between remotes.
- Press and hold SETUP until the LED indicator lights steadily. Release the Setup button.
- Press the mode button that matches the equipment you want to learn. The LED blinks once.
- Press and release the LEARN button. The LED blinks once.
- Press and release the button on the UR74A Remote that you want to teach. (e.g. POWER) The LED blinks once. Press the button on your existing remote that you want to learn. Hold the button until the LED on the UR74A Remote blinks off.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for each button you want to learn.
- When you’ve finished learning all the keys, press SETUP.
- Make sure you have fresh batteries in both remotes before learning.
- Take care not to move either remote while pressing the buttons.
- Experiment with the distance between the remotes if you have a problem learning.
- Some remotes do not have their LED in the center so you might need to experiment with the side-to-side position of the remotes relative to each other.
- Do not sit directly under an incandescent lamp while teaching the Remote.
- In most cases you hold the button on the remote you are learning from until the LED goes out on the Learning Remote. In some cases however, you might find that the LED on the Learning Remote doesn’t go out until you release the key on the remote you are learning from.
- You cannot store any functions under the following keys:
- Learn, Setup, TV, VCR, Cable, SAT, X10.
- You can store up to 50 buttons each for three different remotes.