VA11A OK But No Video
I don't get an error about the VA11A/VA12A being installed, so why don't I get video in my software?
I checked my Device Manager and the VA11A/VA12A is listed under Imaging Devices, so why don't I get video in my software?
Please perform these tests:
- Connect your wireless receiver or wired camera directly to a TV and select the appropriate channel on the TV. Generally, this will be 3 or 4 for screw-on coaxial cable, and some VIDEO INPUT channel for the yellow RCA connection. Do you see a picture on the TV?
- Connect some other device with a video output to the VA11A/VA12A. Examples include DVD players, VCRs, camcorders, iPod/iPads/iPhones with the right docks/adapters, Playstations, or even the Video Out from your computer (make sure it`s turned on.) Do you see a picture on your computer?
- If 1 is No and 2 is Yes, then the video receiver or camera is having problems.
- If 1 is Yes and 2 is No, then the VA11A/VA12A itself is probably at issue.
- If both 1 and 2 are No, things are really not going well, and you should focus on getting a picture on the TV.
- If both 1 and 2 are Yes, but you do not get a picture when the wireless receiver or wired camera is connected to the VA11A/VA12A, then something unusual is happening. If you are using wireless cameras, look for potential interference sources near the computer.