Run X10NET Service as Administrator
What do I do if ActiveHome Pro crashes with an ERROR GETTING X10NET INTERFACE?
If you are running Windows Vista or Windows7 set the X10 Device Network Service to run as Administrator:
- Launch the SERVICES tool by pressing [Windows]+[R] to access the RUN dialog box.
- Then, type Services.msc in the Open text box and click OK.
- Click to sort by Name, then scroll until you see X10 Device Network Service.
- Double-click on it and go to the Log On tab in the dialog box that pops up.
- Highlight "This Account" and put in a login and password with administrator access on your PC.
- Click OK
- Reboot your PC and try to run ActiveHome Pro again.
If the above procedure fails, please reinstall ActiveHome Pro.
If you are using XP, go to Services.msc (as above) and double-click on “X10nets” which seems to be the “X10 Device Network Service”. check that the service is not DISABLED. It shold be set to AUTOMATIC (which causes the service to be activated when needed). Click OK and try Activehome again (not necessary to reboot).
This may be equally applicable to Win 7 as well.