ActiveHome Pro Software Crashes After Several Minutes
What do I do if ActiveHome Pro crashes after it starts and runs correctly for several minutes?
If each time you open Activehome Home Pro and the software crashes after several minutes, this is generally due to a corrupt file of some sorts. The easiest way to resolve this issue is to uninstall ActiveHome Pro.
1. Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and click on the ‘Add/Remove’ button for Activehome Pro. Note: You may receive a message saying "Could Not Find Install.Log." If you get this, delete the folder at C:\Program Files\ActiveHome Pro. Run the ActiveHome Pro installer again, and repeat Step #1.
2. A window will pop up asking if you would like to do an ‘Automatic’ or ‘Custom’ uninstall. Select ‘Custom.’
3. Click on the ‘Select all’ button, and then the ‘Next’ button on every screen in the Uninstall Wizard.
4. Click ‘Finish.’ Repeat steps 1-4 for X-Ray Vision, X10 Hardware, and any other X10 software installed.
5. Reboot the computer.
6. Go to My computer | C: | Program files | Common files.
7. Delete the ‘X10’ folder. If you receive a message that states you cannot delete this folder, go to step 8. If you can delete it, go to step 12.
8. Press the Crtl, Alt, and Del buttons on your keyboard at the same time to bring up Task Manager.
9. Click on Processes. End process for x10net.exe.
10. Delete the ‘X10’ folder in the ‘Common Files’ folder.
11. If this does not work, reboot the computer and repeatedly press F8 while it loads to bring up the Safe Mode menu. Boot into Safe Mode and delete the ‘X10’ folder in the ‘Common Files’ folder.
12. Reboot the computer.
13. Disconnect your CM15A ActiveHome Pro Interface.
14. Install the ActiveHome Pro software, and plug in the CM15A when prompted.
15. Reboot the computer again.
The Activehome Professional software should now operate correctly. If you receive a message that states the device is not recognized, unplug the CM15A from the wall and computer. Remove its batteries; then plug it back in to the wall and computer. The device should now be recognized by your computer.
If you need any more assistance, please contact our customer support department at email@example.com.