Fixed IP Address for MJPEG Cameras
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How do I set my MJPEG IP camera to a fixed IP address?
These settings will work for 99% of home routers. If you are not doing this on a home network, please check with your System Administrator for the correct settings.
- Login to the camera using the IP Camera Tool- be sure to note down what IP address the IP Camera Tool gives you.
- Click on Network then Basic Network Settings.
- Uncheck Obtain IP from DHCP Server.
- For IP Addr put in the same IP Address that the IP Camera Tool reported.
- Put 255.255.255.0 for the Subnet Mask.
- Put the IP address, but with the last digit replaced with a 1, in both Gateway and DNS Server. For example, you should use 192.168.1.1 if the IP address was 192.168.1.23.
- If you have more than one camera, or if your ISP blocks traffic on some ports, you will need to change the Http Port. We recommend putting the first camera at 8001, the second at 8002, the third at 8003, and so on.