Please follow these few simple steps to get started. This might be all you need. You can then look at your owner's manual later for more setup options.
Wired/Wireless IP Camera Quick Installation Guide (Using IE Browser)
You can access your camera's live video feed from your web browser or through software on your computer, your tablet, or your smart phone. To access your camera via Ethernet, to your desktop computer - Follow steps 1 – 3. To access your camera via Wi-Fi, to your notebook via Wi-Fi and cell-phone via Wi-Fi - Follow steps 1 – 4. To access your camera via W-Fi, to cell-phone via 3G/4G and computer over the Internet - Follow steps 1- 4 and then see the full owner's manual for dynamic DNS and port forwarding.
Once you have your camera configured, you may access your camera by either of these methods:
- Use the ipcamsetup program on the included CD and click on your camera.
- Once you are viewing your camera's live video, you can save the web address as a favorite. Then you can use that saved favorite without using the ipcamsetup program each time.
- In your web browser, type the IP address of your camera as a new web address.
- To use a friendly name like "mylivingroom.dyndyns.org", see your owner's manual for how to configure your camera to use Dynamic DNS.
- To see your camera over the Internet, or from a cell phone through a 3G/4G connection, see the owner's manual to configure your router for Port Forwarding.
Step 1: Hardware Installation
You need to set up your camera using a network cable (wired) first before you attempt to use it wirelessly.
- Install the Wi-Fi antenna.
- Plug the power adaptor into the camera and into an AC outlet.
- Plug one end of the network cable into the camera, and the other end into your router/switch.
Step 2: Software Installation
Install the following software:
IP Camera Tool: Open the CD, copy “SearchIPCam.exe” to your desktop.
Step 3: Real-time Video Demonstration
- Login: Double click “SearchIPCam” icon on your desktop, look for the IP address, choose the one for your camera, double click to go to IE login interface.
- Choose the language: English, Chinese, Spanish, Korean, German, French, Italian, Portuguese optional.
- Choose the work mode. IE browser: choose ActiveX mode. Safari, Firefox, Google chrome browser: Server push mode/ VLC mode. Mobile phone: sign in mobile phone mode.
- Sign in. Click Sign In, then can get video in real-time.
Note: If there is no picture shown in IE Browser
If using IE browser to connect to the camera for the first time, and there is no image displayed, there will be an ActiveX prompt, please click the prompt and choose Run Add-on, refresh the IE interface, and login to the camera again, then you will see live video.
If there is still no live video after you run ActiveX, please try to enable the ActiveX options of IE security settings, please do the follow steps:
- Close your computer’s Firewall.
- Change the ActiveX settings, “IE” browser > “Tool” > “Internet Options” > “Security”> “Custom Level” > “ActiveX control and Plug-ins”, all the ActiveX options should be set to be “Enable”: Especially:
- Enable: Download unsigned ActiveX controls
- Enable: Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe
- Enable: Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
In Addition: you can also click “start” select “Internet Explorer”, choose “Internet attributes “ to enter, or via “Control Panel” “Internet Explorer”, enter for Security settings. If there is still no image, please close your anti-virus software, and then try steps 1 & 2 again.
Step 4: How to use your camera Wirelessly
You should set up your camera using a network cable (wired) first before you attempt to use it wirelessly. (See Hardware Installation above).
- Make sure your router is a wireless router.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi antenna is installed on the camera.
- Determine if your router uses encryption, (see your router’s owner’s manual for how to do this), if it uses encryption, note the share key.
- Login to the camera using the IP Camera Tool, like you did when setting up with a network cable.
- When you see the screen below, click “Network” then ”Wireless Lan Settings” then click on “Scan”, wait and then click it again, when you see your camera in the Wireless LAN settings box, click on it.
- If there is no encryption, just click “Submit”, if there is encryption, input the share key, then click “Submit”.
- Unplug the network cable and wait about 30 seconds while the camera reboots.
For more operation details, please check the full version of the user manual for your IP camera or visit http://www.x10.com/support
You can also vsit the following site for useful information regading remote viewing of IP cameras: