Installation and Operating Instructions for the IR543 Command Center
How do I setup and use my IR Command Center?
The IR543 Command Center sends commands over your existing house wiring to control lights and appliances around your home. You plug lights and appliances into X10 modules (sold separately). The Command Center also works with many X10 Universal Remote Controls, so you can use the same remote that controls your TV, VCR, etc., to control your lights and appliances.
- Set the Command Center�s House code dial to match the X10 modules that you want it to
- Set the Command Center�s slide switch for the group of X10 Modules that you want to control
from its buttons (1-4 or 5-8).
- Plug the Command Center into any convenient outlet.
- Plug a lamp or appliance into an X10 Lamp or Appliance Module (sold separately).
To control Modules from the Command Center�s buttons:
- Press the corresponding number button(s) for the X10 Module(s) you want to control. E.G., 1, 2, 3, or 4 (or 5, 6, 7, or 8).
- Press the ON or OFF button to turn the X10 Module(s) on and off.
- To brighten or dim lights connected to X10 Lamp and Wall Switch Modules (sold
separately), first press the corresponding number button(s), then press and hold the Bright or Dim button until the desired light level is reached.
- Press the All Lights On to turn on ALL lights connected to Lamp Modules and Wall Switch
Modules (set to the same House code as the Command Center).
- Press the All Units Off to turn off ALL X10 Modules (set to the same House code as the
Command Center) including Appliance Modules. Note, All Lights On and All Units Off affect all 16 Unit Codes (not just 1 through 4 or 5 through 8).
You can control Modules in groups by pressing 1, 2, 3, and 4 (or 5, 6, 7, and 8), followed by On, Off, Bright, or Dim. Modules set to 1, 2, 3, and 4 (or 5, 6, 7, and 8) will then turn on and off, or brighten and dim at the same time (as a group).
To control Modules from an X10 Universal Remote: Follow the setup procedure in the owner�s manual for the Universal Remote to set it up to work with the IR543 Command Center.