Installing third party Apps
There are some applications you may wish to use which are not available on the Google Android Market. You can download and install applications from anywhere. But be advised that applications have access to the data on your AirPad so please do not install any applications if you do not trust the source. For example, X10 maintains a forum where users may upload free applications that they have found. Go to: http://forums.x10.com
Look for the Non-Market Apps section in the X10 AirPad Android Tablet section. There you will find user-uploaded applications and instructions for installing them. You may wish to judge from the comments there whether you feel the application is trustworthy. X10 maintains this forum for user to user communication and does no editing or reviewing of the content.
To install a non-market file (APK), download the APK file from the Internet or transfer it from your PC, then follow these steps.
- On your Home screen, touch on the Settings icon.
- Touch Applications, and check “Unknown Sources”. This allows you install applications directly to your device without downloading them from the Android Marketplace.
- Connect your AirPad to your PC,
- Find the AirPad on your PC. You should be able to find it in your file browser.
- Transfer the APK over to the AirPad, the root directory is fine, and eject the AirPad and unplug it from your PC.
- Install a program called APK installer from the Android Marketplace, if it isn’t already installed on your AirPad, and launch it.
- When the APK Installer launches press the install button, find, and choose the APK you want to install.
- Press install.