Multiple XCam2s to PC with MultiView or PTP or XRV
My multiple-wireless-camera kit is supposed to record to my PC, but it's not working. What could be wrong?
Most likely, some part of the system is not configured correctly. Here is a master list of symptoms with all possible causes listed:
Software will not install and register
- No internet connection
- Did not get download email
- Ports blocked for registration
- No Administrator access
- Computer security software prevents installation
Software crashes on opening
- Complete reinstall procedure.
VA11A / "could not capture" /"could not put in graph" error message on opening software
- VA11A plugged into non-powered USB port
- Driver not installed correctly
- Incorrect Video Capture Device selected
No picture on PC
- Wrong power supply on video receiver; the VR31A takes a PR30A and the VR36A takes a D9300.
- Video receiver not turned on-check power switch near antenna hinge
- Video reciever not connected to VA11A
- Camera and video receiver on different A-D transmission channels.
- If your PC gives you a "test screen" instead of displaying static, there may just be really, really nasty 2.4GHz radio interference in your location. Try connecting some other device with a video output to the VA11A.
- Pan Tilt Pro: NetMeeting not set up correctly
Cameras won't switch via remote
- TM751 not plugged in to wall outlet.
- TM751 and cams not set to matching House and sequential Unit codes
- TM751 or camera in outlet with bad power line communications; causes include:
- Remote not set to correct House code
- RF signal from remote control not reaching the TM751
Cameras won't switch via PC
- CM19A not plugged in to USB.
- Actual camera codes do not match codes set in software.
- CM19A signals not reaching TM751
Here is a list of devices in a common wireless camera kit and all possible issues they may have short of complete failure. Devices that have completely failed should be fairly easy to identify.
- Broken antenna- will click from the button on the front, but will not click via remote.
- Broken relay-TM751 will not click from button or relay, but will still retransmit. Rare.
- Broken powerline sender- will click but will not control other devices. This is extremely rare but has been known to happen. It is hard to diagonse without another TM751.
- Mistuned video sender- if you get a picture with the camera and receiver on different A-D transmission channels, either the camera or receiver is mis-tuned.
- Power supply has bad powerline reciever- the camera will not turn off, even when tested on a powerstrip with your CM15A.
- Mistuned video receiver- if you get a picture with the camera and receiver on different A-D transmission channels, either the camera or receiver is mis-tuned.
- Broken IR sensor- LED only flashes when you tap the buttons under the battery cover
- Broken antenna- LED flashes but cameras do not switch; remote control works.