PR511 Does Not Turn On
I can't turn off the lights on my Motion Monitor. What should I do?
Note: Do this during daylight hours in a well-lit environment.
- Turn off or disconnect power to the Motion Monitor.
- Turn the "Light Sensitivity" dial all the way to the "LIGHT" setting (extreme clockwise position).
- Turn the "Range" dial all the way to the "MAX" setting (extreme clockwise position).
- Turn the "Time Delay" dial to "0.1".
- Cover the motion detector; then turn the power to the Motion Monitor back on. After about 30-60 seconds, uncover the motion detector.
- Now walk in front of the Motion Monitor; then leave its viewing area for at least another 60 seconds.
- At this point, the lights should turn off.
- If the lights have not turned off, stay out of the viewing area of the motion detector and use any X10 remote control to send an "OFF" signal to that Motion Monitor. Make sure that the House and Unit code you use match the one set on the Motion Monitor.
If the problem persists, the Motion Monitor's sensor may be picking up stray light. The Motion Monitor circuitry will only control the light in response to motion if it is dark. If the bulb is mounted so that it sheds even a small amount of light on the photocell, the Motion Monitor assumes it is daylight and then fails to turn off the lights. This can also happen if light is bouncing off your house or a nearby object. Try taping a small piece of plastic to the side of the Motion Monitor's hood to obscure the bulb's light from the sensor. This should let the lights turn off normally.