Setting Up User Configuration
Setting Up User Configuration
The first step in using MyHouse to access your ActiveHome Pro system over the Internet is setting up user access. You can give each person you want to share access to ActiveHome Pro their own password and access level. Open the User Configuration window from the Network menu to create users and manage access.
ActiveHome Pro System ID
The ActiveHome Pro System ID is used by Remote Users to identify to the MyHouse Service which ActiveHome Pro System to connect to. Every remote user you want to give access to your system will need to know the System ID along with their Login ID and password.
User Access Control
Only users who you give login identification and password to can access your ActiveHome Pro system remotely. You can set up individual users with different settings, or use one login for groups of people. User access controls work no matter which ActiveHome Pro data file you use.
When you first load MyHouse, the user list is empty. To add a user, click the Add button. This creates a user called "New User." In the Login ID box change the name to the name you want to add. Enter a password for this user in the Password box. Any new user you add will be created with default access levels.
You may want to restrict how and when a user can access ActiveHome Pro remotely. The settings in this section allow that. The restriction options are:
- IP Address Range: Enter a block of IP addresses to confine access to. Use this to allow only access from your office, or from a particular ISP, or a single known address (for a computer with a static IP address).
- Day of Week: Set days that the user can access your system.
- Time of Day: Select a time range that the user is allowed to log in.
The Global Actions controls determine what in ActiveHome Pro a particular user can do:
- Control Modules: simple on, off, and dim of modules.
- Trigger Macros: run macros.
- Purge Running Macros: clear macros that have already started running.
- View Reports: view the General and Timer reports.
- View Event History: review events tracking by ActiveHome Pro.
- Exclusive Control: If this option is checked this user will be able to enter the Exclusive Control mode. When Exclusive Control is turned on, only the user who turned it on will be able to control modules and cameras..
- View Remote Users: Allows the user to see what other remote users are connected to the system and send them messages.
The Exclusive Control option gives extra power to a remote user, and should only be given to users you trust, or to yourself.
If you have the iWitness Video Plug-in installed, you can configure how each remote user is able to use the cameras you installed: View Live Video: Controls whether remotes user can view cameras at all.
- Move Cameras: Allows user to control movement of Ninja Pan/Tilt and Vanguard Pan/Tilt/Zoom cameras.
- Change the Active Camera: Allows the users to switch between cameras on the system.
Room Level Access
In addition to the user access control, you can easily exclude parts of your home from Internet remote control using the room access window. The Room Access Levels can be specified for each ActiveHome Pro file you use. Click the Room Level Access button to open the window.
Select a room to change its settings. The default room setting is "Grant Everyone Remote Access," which means that any user you create will be able to see and control modules in the selected room when they connect remotely. Select "Don't Allow Remote Access" if you don't want any user to be able to access the selected room over the Internet. If you only want certain users (only yourself, for example) to be able to access a particular room, select "Limit Room Access to Specific Users" and check the boxes next to the users you want to give access to.
You can enter an e-mail address for any user in the box at the bottom of the window and click Send Email to send that user their login information and a link to open the MyHouse Remote to your System ID.
[a href="/kbase/articles/a00278.html"]a00278[/a] : Setting Up Remote Users in MyHouse Online[BR] Key Topics: user,remote,add,create,configure,password,access Relates to: CM15A, SW31A, SW32A, SW33A, SW34A [a href="/kbase/articles/a00279.html"]a00279[/a] : Troubleshooting Remote Connections in MyHouse Online[BR] Key Topics: myhouse,online,problem,trouble,troubleshoot,remote,access,user,client,service,port,firewall Relates to: SW34A [a href="/kbase/articles/a00280.html"]a00280[/a] : Sending E-mail with MyHouse Online[BR] Key Topics: myhouse,email,e-mail,macro,send,address Relates to: SW34A [a href="/kbase/articles/a00283.html"]a00283[/a] : Using The FTP Media Command[BR] Key Topics: ftp,media,command,sw34a,myhouse Relates to: SW34A [a href="/kbase/articles/a00284.html"]a00284[/a] : MyHouse E-mail Configuration[BR] Key Topics: e-mail,configuration,setup Relates to: SW34A [a href="/kbase/articles/a00285.html"]a00285[/a] : Using the Remote Connection[BR] Key Topics: sw34a, remote, connection, myhouse Relates to: SW34A