What do I do if ActiveX is blocked in I.E
If IE is configured to not let you install unverified software it might block ActiveX when you try to view your IP camera via IE.
See http://www.windowsreference.com/internet-explorer/windows-has-blocked-this-software-because-it-cant-verify-the-publisher/ for more information on the problem, however the short steps to try are:
- Open Internet Explorer, click Tools – Internet Options .
- Click the Security tab – Custom Level button.
Under ActiveX ensure the following are set to enabled
- Run ActiveX and plug-ins – Enabled
- Download Signed ActiveX Control – Enabled
- Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting – Enabled
- Set the following to “Prompt ”
- Download unsigned ActiveX Control – Prompt
- Initialize and script ActiveX controls not mark as safe – Prompt
- Click OK and Apply and OK. Restart the browser.