VA12A Driver Load Procedure
Windows does not seem to correctly detect my VA12A adapter. What should I do?
First, make sure the VA12A is connected to a USB 2.0 port. It will not work in a USB 1.1 port. If you still get an error, disconnect the VA12A then run this software:
About three-quarters of the way through the install process, you will be prompted to plug the VA12A back in; plug it into a different USB port than the one it was originally tried in.
If the driver still does not come up, check your Device Manager:
- Go into Start, and then Settings, and click on Control Panel.
- Open up System Control Panel (in the Performance and Maintenance category).
- Go to the Hardware Tab and click on the Device Manager button.
- Next, look for the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers category. If you see "X10 VA12A Video Capture" with an exclamation point, right-click on it and select Update Driver. If it asks you to connect to Microsoft, select "No, not at this time." then click Next.
- Next, choose to "Install from a list or a specific location."
- Check "Include this location in the search" then click Browse.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\x10\DriverInstall\VA12A Video Capture\, then go into the appropriate folder for your version of Windows- use Vista32 or Vista64 for 7.
- Click OK, then Next.
- Windows will install the drivers.