Installing the MyHouse Online Web Client
How do I run MyHouse remote?
Why doesn't the MyHouse webpage load on my Windows XP computer?
When you use the internet viewing feature of MyHouse Online, you need to install a remote client which is provided through X10's MyHouse service.
- To connect remotely, go to myhouse.x10.com in an Internet Explorer web browser on a Windows PC.
When you first open up the website you see a blank, black window while the MyHouse Online Remote loads:
If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2, it may show a notice that a download was blocked:
You will need to tell Internet Explorer to allow the MyHouse Online Remote client to load before the remote client software will work:
- Click the Information Bar to open the Information Bar Menu.
- Click "Install ActiveX Control..." to allow the MyHouse Online Remote client to be opened. (If you don't see the Information Bar, click here)
You will then be asked if you want to install the 'MyHouse Plugin for Activehome Pro' from 'X10 Wireless Technology Inc.' Select "Install:"
The remote client is a large file; it may take some time to open depending on your internet connection. Allow the MyHouse Plug-in for Activehome Pro to load. Once it has, the ActiveHome Pro screen shows up in your browser window with a login prompt.
Double check that the remote computer is running Microsoft Windows operating system.
- This and Internet Explorer are needed to view http://myhouse.x10.com/.
Are ActiveX controls enabled in your web browser?
- This is necessary for accessing images through http://myhouse.x10.com/.
- You can go here to see if ActiveX is enabled: http://www.pcpitstop.com/testax.asp
- Look here for more information: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/settings/settings-28.html
Please make sure you are logged in as a Power User or Administrator and have authorization to install or run the MyHouse Remote application.
- Even though it runs in your web browser, MyHouse Remote installs a small program on your computer.
If you are trying to test your MyHouse Server:
- Please be aware that other PCs on the same Internet connection (e.g. using the same DSL or cable connection) may not be able to connect to the MyHouse Server or get video, even if everything is set up correctly.
If you are running Internet Explorer 8, you may only see a portion of the browser.
- If this happens, click in the window once, try to connect, then hold the mouse over the lower right corner of the browser and resize it. You should now see the full browser.