Setting Up Door/Window Sensors
This guide should help you in quickly setting up X10 Door/Window Sensors.
Installing the Door/Window Sensor
- Attach the Door/Window sensor to the wall using the mounting screws provided.
- Fit the Door/Window sensor as high as possible at the top of the door/window.
- Make sure the arrows on the magnetic switch halves are facing each other and that they separate cleanly when the door or window is opened.
- The DELAY slide switch set to MIN always triggers the alarm instantly (for windows). Set to MAX, it triggers the console after a preset entry delay when the system is armed in DELAY mode (for doors). Note: The console must be armed in DELAY mode for the door/window sensor delay to function successfully.
Registering the Door/Window Sensor with the Security Console
- Fit two AA Alkaline batteries in the battery compartment.
- Press and hold the TEST button for about a second. The LED indicator light flashes twice when you release it. This confirms it has generated a new security code.
- Set the slider switch on the console to INSTALL.
- Press the TEST button on the Door/Window sensor or open the Door/Window it is attached to. The console chimes once to confirm and the next available zone LED lights.
- Return the slider switch on the console to the RUN1 or RUN2 position.
Testing the Door/Window sensor
- Set the slider switch on the security console to RUN2.
- Open the door or window with the sensor attached. The console chimes to acknowledge the sensor is tripped and the zone LED lights.
Note: As with all radio frequency transmitter devices, electrical fields, metal doors or door/window frames, and appliances can cause interference that decreases the strength of a transmitted signal. Re-orienting the sensor or putting the console in a higher location may increase your ability to send and receive the necessary signals.