I recently purchased a Lola system, set it up, tested various components to ensure they were working, but as far as the software is concerned, everytime I try to run it, I get an error message saying "Microsoft viual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error ! Program .......\lola.exe abnormal program termnination" or, alternatively " program ..... lolactrl.exe has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more info" (as if there were such a group of individuals). I can't get a reply email nor is anyone able to help out on the phone (because no one ever answers in under 45 minutes and then they only want to take a message.
I cannot run the media manager either without fatal errors shutting down the program before it ever really completes loading up.
What is customer supposed to do at this point?
You should reinstall Lola.
1. Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and click on the ‘Add/Remove’ button for Lola. Note: You may receive a message saying "Could Not Find Install.Log." If you get this, delete the folder at C:\Program Files\Lola. Run the Lola installer again, and repeat Step #1.
2. A window will pop up asking if you would like to do an ‘Automatic’ or ‘Custom’ uninstall. Select ‘Custom.’
3. Click on the ‘Select all’ button, and then the ‘next’ button on every screen in the Uninstall Wizard.
4. Click ‘Finish.’ Repeat steps 1-4 for X-Ray Vision, X10 Hardware, and any other X10 software installed.
5. Reboot the computer.
6. Go to My computer | C: | Program files | Common files.
7. Delete the ‘X10’ folder. If you receive a message that states you cannot delete this folder, go to step 8. If you can delete it, go to step 12.
8. Press the Crtl, Alt, and Del buttons on your keyboard at the same time to bring up Task Manager.
9. Click on Processes. End process for x10net.exe.
10. Delete the ‘X10’ folder in the ‘Common Files’ folder.
11. If this does not work, reboot the computer and repeatedly press F8 while it loads to bring up the Safe Mode menu. Boot into Safe Mode and delete the ‘X10’ folder in the ‘Common Files’ folder.
12. Reboot the computer.
13. Install the Lola software.
14. Reboot the computer again.
The Lola software should now operate correctly.