Three Way Switch Emulation
I have a light that I would like to control from two different switches, but right now it only has one switch. Can X10 help me without rewiring?
You can use these three products to accomplish what you're trying to do:
- WS467: Wall Switch Module
- SS13A: SlimLine Switch
- TM751: Wireless Transceiver Module
1) Simply replace your existing switch with the WS467 - to allow local and X10 control of your lights.
2) Plug your TM751 into any wall outlet.
3) Place SS13As at any additional locations where you would like to control your light.
When you press the ON/OFF buttons on the SS13A, it sends out a radio frequency (RF) signal to your TM751. The TM751 then picks up the RF signal and converts it to a PowerLine Command (PLC) which is sent over the house wiring to the WS467. When the WS467 receives its command it turns the lights ON/OFF.
You now have lights that can be controlled from more than one location!