VA11A Driver Load Procedure for 2000 and XP
I am having trouble getting my video adapter to work under Windows 2000 or XP. Is there a procedure to manually load the driver?
If the camera and receiver are connected and working, check that the VA11A USB Video Capture Adapter is connected and installed properly:
- Make sure the VA11A is connected to your computer.
- Run the installer for your X10 program (or the X10 driver installer--x10drivers.exe) while the VA11A is connected, and follow all instructions.
- When installation has completed, restart Windows.
Running the X10 installer with the VA11A USB Video Capture Adapter connected to a USB port on your computer should force Windows to use the X10 driver. Plug the USB Video Adapter into a USB port located directly on the back of your computer, not a hub or extension cable. When you finish these steps, "X10 VA11A Video Capture" should be listed in Device Manager under "Imaging Devices."
To check your Device Manager, go into Start, and then Settings, and click on Control Panel. Open up System Control Panel (in the Performance and Maintenance category). Go to the Hardware Tab and click on the Device Manager button. Once there, look under the Imaging Devices category. If you see an X10 VA11A USB Capture Adapter, you should be set. If you see nothing under Imaging Devices, move the VA11A to a different USB port, ideally one directly on the motherboard. If you still see nothing under Imaging Devices after trying all available USB ports, your VA11A may have an issue.
If you see a Intel PC Camera Pro under Imaging Devices, do the following:
- Right-click on Intel PC Camera Pro. Select Update Driver.
- If it asks you to connect to Microsoft, select "No, not at this time."
- Next, choose to "Install from a list or a specific location."
- Then choose "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install."
- On the following screen, select the X10 VA11A Video Capture Adapter.
- Then you should see a Found New Hardware installation wizard. If it asks you to connect to Microsoft, select "No, not at this time." The wizard should then state that it "searches for ... drivers for WDM Audio Capture." Click CANCEL, then confirm the cancellation.
- Again, you should see a Found New Hardware installation wizard. If it asks you to connect to Microsoft, select "No, not at this time." Confirm that it is installing drivers for the X10 VA11A, then choose "Install automatically," "Continue Anyway," and finally "Finish."
Follow this procedure, reboot, and the VA11A should now work properly. You may still see a listing for an Intel PC Camera Pro under USB Devices, but as long as an X10 VA11A is showing up under Imaging Devices you are good to go.