NEW XX59A Getting Started on a MAC - IP Scanner
Please follow these few simple steps to get started. This might be all you need. You can then look at your owner's manual later for more setup options.
NEW XX59A Airsight Indoor HD P2P WiFi IP Network Camera Quick Installation Guide (Using Safari Browser)
You can access your camera's live video feed from a web browser on your computer by following these steps.
Setup instructions for your tablet or smartphone can be found here.
Step 1: Hardware Installation
You need to set up your camera using a network cable (wired) first before you attempt to use it wirelessly.
- Install the Wi-Fi antenna.
- Plug the power adapter into the camera and into an AC outlet.
- Plug one end of the network cable into the camera, and the other end into your router/switch.
Step 2: Software Installation
The AirSight HD Camera's (XX59A) can also be found using a FREE tool from an independent publisher like IP Scanner
Use IP Scanner to Search Camera
To use IP Scanner to find the camera on your local network:
- Locate IP Scanner here and select "View in Mac App Store"
- Choose "Get" to download and install the application
- Click on the IP Scanner dock icon to begin scanning your network
- IP Scanner scans your network and provides a list of all "discovered users" - the AirSight IP camera will be listed as an "unidentified device"
- Click on the device to display the "Device Info" - "ShenZhen Apexis Electronic Co., Ltd" should be listed as the manufacturer.
- To easily identify your camera, IP Scanner offers customization icons under "Customize"
- You can also name your camera in the "Click to add a custom name..." field
- To access your camera, click on the device in the "Discovered Users & Devices" list and choose "Open in Browser" from the "Open Device In..." drop down menu
Step 3: Real-time Video Demonstration
- When prompted - log into your camera"
Password: admin (if that doesn't work try leaving this field blank)
Step 4: How to use your camera Wirelessly
You should set up your camera using a network cable (wired) first before you attempt to use it wirelessly. (See Hardware Installation above).
- Make sure your router is a wireless router.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi antenna is installed on the camera.
- Determine if your router uses encryption, (see your router’s owner’s manual for how to do this), if it uses encryption, note the share key.
- Login to the camera using the IP Camera Tool, like you did when setting up with a network cable.
- Click the SETTINGS icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen:
When you see the screen below:
- Choose the "Wireless Lan” menu
- Click on “Scan”
- Once your WiFi Network Name (SSID) populates in the Wireless LAN box, click on it.
- Ensure the NETWORK TYPE, SAFE MODE, and ENCRYPTION type match what is listed above.
- Enter your WiFi Network Password or Share Key
- Click SAVE
Wait for your camera to FULLY REBOOT - Once it is done center itself - UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE FIRST - then disconnect the network cable and plug the power back in.