Problems Learning IR Codes
What should I do when my VCR Commander will not accept IR codes during programming?
If you are having trouble getting the VCR Commander to accept input from your remote, try the following:
- Verify that the VCR Commander is connected to a functional outlet.
- Check that the IR emitter cable is NOT connected to it.
- Make sure that the batteries in VCR remote are no more than six months old.
- Aim the VCR remote at IR target on the back of the VCR Commander when sending commands.
- Always hold the VCR remote within one inch of this IR target.
- See if the UX21A/UX23A VCR Commander or VCR Commander II has been properly entered into "Learn IR" mode.
After verifying each of the above steps, clear the IR memory in the VCR Commander and attempt to relearn the IR codes once more.